How netizens are reacting at BJP’s Jai Shree Ram chant on Netaji’s birthday event?

News Desk: On the event of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s 125th birth anniversary, chants of ‘Jai Shree Ram’ has angered not only the ruling TMC party but also the citizens of the state. In addition, the members of the Bose family also showed dissatisfaction over this attitude of the Bharatiya Janata Party. On the other hand, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad slammed Mamata Banerjee for her refusal to speak at the event and also for her attitude towards the chants of ‘Jai Shree Ram’.

The chants of ‘Jai Shree Ram’ received mostly negative responses from social media platforms. From politicians to celebrities to ordinary citizens, all slammed and criticised the Bharatiya Janata Party for using a political slogan in a cultural event.

MP Mohua Moitra tweeted

“Nation Needs to Know:

How come when Great Lord & Protector Shri Modi was speaking at Netaji event none of his fans hailed him with Jai Shri Ram?

How come the heckle cry was only raised when CM Mamatadi spoke?

Jai Shri Constitution” 

In another tweet she tweeted

“So glad that Netaji’s kin have inherited his spine. PM welcome as PM to home but not as saffron leader, lackeys made to wait outside


Kailash Vijayvargiya slammed chief minister Mamata Banerjee for her refusal to speak at the event. “Jai Sri Ram is used to greet people. It was chanted when Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived, and also when he was leaving the Netaji Research Bureau. Why did Mamata didi feel insulted? Why did she feel upset on hearing ‘Jai Sri Ram’ or ‘Bharat mata ki jai’ chants?” he said.

Vijayvargiya added “The people of Bengal will give a befitting reply to the Trinamool Congress in the upcoming elections. CM Mamata Banerjee’s actions are aimed at appeasing 30 per cent of the voters in the state. For the remaining 70 per cent, it has always been a tale of neglect” 

Now netizens presented their views over such an incident at the cultural event in the state.

“Chanting Jai Shree Ram is not a crime. But one should look at the event in which he or she is chanting”

“Shame on BJP. The people of Bengal will give a befitting reply to the BJP in the upcoming election”

“Why Didi gets angry when she hears Jai Shree Ram? It’s not a bad word?”

“The event was about paying tribute to our national hero Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. It was not a political programme. The BJP should’ve kept that in mind”

“Jai Shree Ram has become a political word now. This was an intentional act from the Bharatiya Janata Party”

“Only Didi supporters found the Jai Shree Ram chant offensive”

“The BJP has insulted our honorable Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. Bengal will not forget this”

On Sunday, TMC MP Abhishek Banerjee held protests against the insult made by BJP to Mamata Banerjee. At a public meeting in Kultali in South 24 Parganas district, Banerjee said “Yesterday, the chief minister elected by 2.5 crore people in the state was humiliated. Good sense has not prevailed among those who had vandalised the statue of Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar in Kolkata in 2019. I would appeal to the people to give a befitting reply to people like these who insult Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his birth anniversary. Again, attempts are being made to tarnish the image of Bengal with religious politics”

MP Abhishek Banerjee added “It was a deliberate attempt by the BJP to not allow Mamata Banerjee to speak at the event”

Note: The comments were taken taken from social media platforms. Names were not mentioned for privacy purposes.